Christmas Blessings

Christmas Blessings

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

We are headed for China!!!!

About 16 months ago Pat and I made a decision to grow our family thru adoption. At that time, although knowing this was a huge decision, we had no idea what an amazing journey of faith and love we were embarking on. Thru every stage we watched in awe as we could see the hand of God guiding us every step of the way. I always felt in my heart that when we got a referral for a child that we would know if she was the daughter that He had designed for us without a doubt. What I didn't realize was how quickly and abundantly He would fill our hearts with love for a little girl on the other side of the world!
I can joyfully announce that Monday we received the much anticipated news that we will be leaving for China next Thursday, January 24th!! We will be there for 2 weeks exploring our daughter's culture and hopefully beginning to form a loving bond with our sweet Makena.
Words cannot begin to describe the range of emotions I am feeling. Constantly thinking of all the things I must get and do before next week. Mostly we are just filled with excitement to finally see our dreams and prayers of growing our family come to life.
We are forever grateful of all the support we have received and ask for prayer as we travel and adjust to our daughter and she adjusts to us. I keep thinking, " wow this poor child has know idea what's about to come her way!" Please pray for her!
So off we go.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment