Christmas Blessings

Christmas Blessings

Monday, April 15, 2013

Next Steps

Well  this Thursday marks 12 weeks since we boarded a plane as a family of three to China to go meet our fourth addition,Makena! I know this because my maternity leave comes to an end and I am headed back to being a working mom. As you can imagine there are mixed emotions to heading back. I have enjoyed my time off and not having such a hectic lifestyle but I have also missed my coworkers and the work I do. It's just a matter of getting back in to the routine. In preparation, Makena has spent a few days at the Ruckus House ( her and Cameron's preschool) and Praise God absolutely LOVES it! I think she has missed being around so many kids like she is use to at the orphanage. She actually got mad at me this morning when she had to stay home instead of going with Cameron. It is a huge weight off our shoulders to know she is going to adjust so well. We shouldn't have been surprised since that is the way she has handled everything that has come her way since becoming apart  of our family.
She has stolen the hearts of everyone in her family. Her cousins are completely smitten with her and she has the grandparents wrapped around her little finger:) It is clear she is right where she belongs!
  The language barrier continues to be a daily challenge but her English vocabulary continues to improve everyday. I look forward to the day when we can really communicate easily. It is still often hard to know when she understand and when she doesn't.. As far as physically Makena is doing wonderful. You would never know that her heart is working harder than it should. She was schedule to have a balloon placed in her pulmonary vein via cardiac catherization this past Thursday but unfortunately she came down with some chest congestion and the doctor didn't want to risk putting her under anesthesia. It was discouraging due to we were anxious to get it done but all thing happen for a reason and obviously Makena wasn't meant to have it yet. So that will be rescheduled for 4-6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment